Business Continuity Plan
Joseph Stone Capital, LLC ("the Firm") is a fully disclosed broker-dealer and member of FINRA and SIPC. FINRA Rule 3510 requires each member firm to create and maintain a business continuity plan. In accordance with the rule the Firm has developed a plan to ensure the continuity of operations during business emergencies and disruptions.
The plan is designed to address key areas of concern, including but not limited to the following:
- 1. Books and records recovery
- 2. All mission critical systems
- 3. Financial and operational assessments
- 4. Alternate means of communication between the Firm and its clients
- 5. Alternate means of communication between the Firm and its personnel
- 6. Alternate physical locations of personnel
- 7. Critical business constituent, bank and counter-party impact
- 8. Regulatory reporting
- 9. Communications with regulators
- 10. How the Firm will ensure that all clients have access to their funds and securities in the event the Firm determines it is unable to continue its business.
Events creating a sudden business disruption (“SBD”) may vary in nature. They can affect only the Firm, the building where the Firm is located, the entire business district where the Firm is located, or a wider disruption, such as the entire region where the Firm is located. The Firm fully intends to continue to conduct its securities business during periods of disruption of any and every type.
In the event an SBD prevents clients from contacting the Firm and/or their Financial Consultants by using the primary phone number, fax number, or email address of the location where the clients’ accounts are serviced, clients may contact the Firm and/or their Financial Consultants by using the secondary contact information provided below:
For clients whose accounts are serviced at the Firm’s corporate headquarters located at:
200 Old Country Rd, Ste 610
Mineola, NY 11501
If an SBD disrupts both the primary and secondary methods of contacting the Firm, customers should contact Joseph Stone Capital, LLCs clearing firm, COR Clearing at (800-776-5778), and/or product sponsors at the number provided on quarterly statements.
In the event of an SBD, the Firm will immediately establish a location for utilizing its back up and communications systems in order to continue servicing clients’ accounts. Business continuity plans are subject to change and modification. No contingency plan can eliminate all risk of service disruption, but the Firm’s Business Continuity Plan is calculated to minimize such risks.
Should you have any questions concerning our business continuity plan, or wish to see the full plan you may submit a written request for additional information to our customer service department.